Delicious Lasagna

Here's the latest recipe that I absolutely adore!! Whenever, Im travelling or going out I make it a point to order Lasagna. ...


Here's the latest recipe that I absolutely adore!! Whenever, Im travelling or going out I make it a point to order Lasagna. I mean, I totally love cheese! Anything and everything with cheese and Im totally game. Though my friends always complain I dont gain weight no matter what I have, and trust me Im a BIG EATER. Hehe.. Enjoying my meals totally takes importance, esp coz growing up with  a fab cook like my mom!! I will share some of her speciality dishes that I cook too soon :) Mostly Indian food, but I know Indian has now become a very popular type of food across the world, so my next posts will be about them. 

So today, I'm sharing about how to make the famous Lasagna! Here it goes.. 

INGREDIENTS:

Original recipe makes 12 servings
 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
 3/4 pound lean ground lamb (optional)
 1/2 cup minced onion
 2 cloves garlic, crushed
 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
 2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
 1/2 cup water
 2 tablespoons white sugar
 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
 1 tablespoon salt
 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
 12 lasagna noodles
 16 ounces ricotta cheese
 1 egg
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced


PREP - 30 mins
COOK - 2 hrs 30 mins
READY IN - 3 hrs 15 mins

DIRECTIONS
  • In a oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. 
  • Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
  • Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
  • Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. 
  • Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Source: All Recipes

You Might Also Like

72 comments

  1. love it...above all my mother's...obviously...
    www.theprincessgown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know nothing to beat the mom's food! i cant wait for yr london trip updates :D

      Delete
  2. Love this post, my dear.

    Thanks so much for your kind words.

    Happy weekend and lots of hugs,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure sweetie! ulook stunning in yr latest look!

      Delete
  3. now i want lasagna:))

    Kisses,

    Dinna

    www.the-fashionette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    Maybe we can follow each other !?
    I follow you now! Hope you will follow me back )
    www.gvozdishe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure girl!! totally did

      Delete
  5. Wow delicious!!! I follow you by Bloglovin now! and I added you by G+ now! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Want us to follow by facebook? let me know...
    Have a wonderful weekend! and my g+ and like in bloglovin for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all your effort sweetie! msged u back wit details :D

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Following you nowon bloglovin and GFC =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a ton sweetie done back :D

      Delete
  7. I looove lasagna! haha,my all time favorite meal :) You have a lovely blog I must say ;) would you be interested in following each other on the GFC? visit my blog and let me know :)

    mymarvellousplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5. My family and I went to Pennsylvania to minister grace to Joe.
    t have a jar, it can be used to liquefy hot soups right in their
    cooking pots.
    My web page: Lapis Legit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey i am already your follower, for a few days now, I am on your GFC list:)

    kisses,

    Dinna

    www.the-fashionette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious!
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks aga :) u look lovely in yr latest look!

      Delete
  11. Omg that looks good!!! Nom nom!!

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you via GFC#708! Hope you will do the same too. :)

      Delete
  12. OMG! I've often wanted to make one but Im suck at cooking. :(


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe..keep trying girl...practice :)

      Delete
  13. mmnnnn looks delicious!! I need to try. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u shd girl and tell me how it went :)

      Delete
  14. Yummy!!! I love lasagne!!!! *.* good recipie!!!

    CHECK OUT new post on my blog "BENETH THIS SNOWY MANTEL" and let me know if you like my outfit!!! <3
    love, Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow delicious, I`ll try to make it for dinner :)

    http://rosee96.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lovely...nice to hear that. Enjoy girl

      Delete
  16. I love lasagna!
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. great blog!

    http://thehandbagconcept.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so yummy, I love lasagne too :) xx

    Ps. I'm having a xmas giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice blog! im following now with GFC and bloglovin! :)
    Please follow me back!

    http://are-you-gonna-be-my-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. it is very tasty! be to pamper yourself at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you just made me very very hungry...
    looks amazing!
    http://bellaconscience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey there...the food looks yummy and super tempting :)...will try out this recipe and thanks for sharing it.
    Also thank yu for the comment on our blog and we sure can follow each other...would love to stay in touch...I'm following you now and hope you do the same :)

    XOXO
    Mimi (Mimzy's Closet)
    canvirries03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will have to make it! Looks so yummy!!!!
    I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks delicious! Thx for sharing


    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anytime! love your style and blog girl!!

      Delete
  25. I love lasagna and it is also one of my specialties when I cook ;)


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. OHHH look so delicious!!!
    xx

    TODAY NEW POST http://godsavevogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not a cheese person but your lasagna sure looks yummy! =D

    http://www.diva-in-me.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you arе goіng for best contents like I do,
    juѕt vіsіt this website еνery ԁay because іt pгeѕents featurе cоntents, thanks
    Feel free to visit my website :: fun party ideas

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for your lovely message on my blog! I adore your blog, especially the header, I am such a fan of Vuitton's it's truly the way to my heart ;) PS .. One can never go wrong with lasagne and this looks delicious!

    xoxo
    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. looks delicious :) kiss

    http://ourmelodyblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the detail of your images, such depth and texture.
    Makes your taste buds go mad instantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I get pleasure from, cause I discovered exactly what Iwas taking a look for.
    You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bledss you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

    Here is my web site; fashion rings women

    ReplyDelete
  33. AnonymousJune 30, 2015

    Hello there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to surf to my page burn fat fast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comments and taking time I love to read your comments and come back to your blog:) I can be reached on email addy - fashionistaera@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.

INSTAGRAM