Chocolate biscuit fridge cake12/03/2012
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for a delicious snack or dessert? This delicious cake is simi...
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for a delicious snack or dessert? This delicious cake is similar to a rocky road but much easier to make and far more delicious. Allow about twenty minutes for making the cake and at least two hours for it to cool in the fridge.
The best thing about this treat is that it will last for a long time, allowing you to make a larger portion and snack on it for a couple of weeks. I personally love brownies they are so tasty and I think I can have unlimited number of them. The other favorite snack is of course got to be cheesecake! The NY Cheesecake is the be st I have ever had. Also in Jeju island holiday I went, I had the best pastries ever.
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 500 grams of milk chocolate
- A packet of digestive biscuits
- Butter to grease the pan
- Grease a small bread pan and put it aside while you create the cake mix.
- Start by melting the chocolate in a large pan. Do this on medium heat and stir the pan frequently.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn the heat down to a low setting and stir in the condensed milk.
- To avoid curdling the mixture you’ll need to add the condensed milk gradually, bit by bit, stirring continuously as you go.
- Leave the mixture on a gentle heat and put the digestive biscuits into a plastic sandwich bag.
- Beat the biscuits with a wooden spoon until they are in small crumbs.
- Gradually, add the biscuits to the melted chocolate and condensed milk, stirring them into the mixture as you go. Keep adding more of the biscuits, ensuring that there is always enough of the mixture to cover them.
- Stop as soon as the mix begins to become firm and the biscuit pieces stop disappearing into the chocolate.
- At this stage, you can also add any extra ingredients that you wish, such as nuts, seeds, dried fruit or marshmallows.
- Some people add ground flax seeds to the mix at this point to add some extra flavour and some positive health benefits.
- Now, pour all of the mixture in to the greased pan and put it in the fridge for a few hours to allow it to firm.
Finally, when the wait is over, get into your most comfortable pair of pyjamas , relax and enjoy!