HANDLING JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE6/10/2015
In every phase of our life we come across people who change our lives. It might be in both good and bad ways. However, the scars t...
In every phase of our life we come across people who change our lives. It might be in both good and bad ways. However, the scars the bad moments leave on us really is the determining factor to how we enjoy the good. These are few of the things I have come to realise about people…
1) People will always have opinions – It’s a world wide fact that we cant help but have a viewpoint on things. As human nature has it we just have to say something rude or mean about someone and it stems from basic self insecurities. Most people I have come across who have been rude just do it to feel better about themselves. If you are happy person, most probably you will want to make sure you make other people happy too!
2) Its not your fault – Often times we beat ourselves up thinking maybe I am the problem. Maybe I am fat, or ugly or just a loser. Maybe they mean what they say . Since a group of people are doing the same things or saying the same things it slowly eats into your subconscious that mauybe its you. SNAP OUT OF IT! It’s not! And the moment you let them get to you, THEY WIN!
3) Draw a line – Enough is enough. I have heard people say ‘Be the bigger person’, ‘Don’t respond just go quiet. YAH RIGHT. Easier said than done. No one is gonna just sit back to listen to the nonsense being told. Confront them and question the statements. Don’t attack back or speak in the same way. Theres no difference. Just rationalize. You are doing this more for you than them. You are the better person remember.
4) Time to let go – They say forgive and forget. I am not very good with the forgetting part but I do try and forgive. It doesn’t mean that I haven’t been wrong in my life. There are so many moments I feel I have messe dup or been rude myself, but I consciously either apologise or try and sort the issue out if its my fault. And Im happy to say I was able to retain some freidsn as a result of the same. If someones worth it make the effort or just let it be. You don’t need to make everyone happy. It will consume you!
5) Self respect above all – Its more important to make sure that you are happy and content with your life than anything else. If someone is pulling you down, just disconnect from that energy. Don’t try to argue your way or prove that you are gonna give it. Nope not a solution. U will feel worse and drained and probably emotionally harmed. The best solution I have found with judgemental people is don’t give them anything to discuss, so just preserve yourself by not even responding to negativitiy.
6) Their behavior is a reflection of them not you – Finally, I will conclude by saying, you might have tried being good and sort the issues. Still hasn’t worked. So you try harder. Still u feel your being judged. Give it your best shot. But if the person continues to rude to you its just goes to show you that they probably don’t wanna solve a problem with you. They want to just create a problem.