May 23, 2011

Dubai & Bahrain - Desserts, Camels & my childhood


Its been amazing living in Dubai.I have the fondest memories. And I have enjoyed my best days there. I was born in India but then moved to Dubai. That is where I had the opportunity to meet a lotta different cultures at a very young age. Here's me as a kiddo with my dad at Dubai beach hehe....Cute memories!! The picture below is dad and I in Dubai at the beach..






I still do have memories of the Costume parties at school when i was just 3! I was dressed like a Spider! LOl...some of the funniest memories. Living in Dubai as a kid all I remember was studying... Meeting friends or attending kiddies bday bashes. I think my recent vacations after college were some of the best. Most of the time I was spending time with my family and friends. A couple of hours roasting on the beach (although most of the time was spent in the water) and relaxing. 


We went out to eat a few times, had to do some shopping at Malls . It's a huge place, loads of shops, everything from Gucci to Ralph Lauren, and loads of people of all cultures. And I still could not find stuff I liked, I'm just too choosy. Those holidays were a die-for. 

I had to find shoes and ran around trying to find shoes I liked. When I found a pair, they were not available in my size. I eventually found a pair of really expensive designer shoes, avoided sharing the cost with my mother!. Shopping for hours seemed to pass by really quick coz the discounts and variety are immense.


Following week, in the afternoon we went to the beach and had a go at parasailing. It was great. When you got up into the air, it was so quiet and peaceful, and the view was just amazing, and with the clear water, you could see anything in the water. It was a bit windy that day, so there was a bit of tugging at the rope, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

That felt like a great experience to share wit you guys. Another amazing memory of my stay in Dubai i have is my friends! I was so lil but i made some really sweet classmates for Pals. I wish i could get in touch with them!! A shout out to all my lovely friends in Dubai!!  :)


Hot is something Dubai may be for much – if not all – of the year. But when it comes to seriously ‘in’ holiday choices then this place is definitely ‘cool’. Why? Well, not only is it quick and easy to get too – it also has a night-perfect combination of sun, sand, sport and shopping.  And they’re all underpinned by impeccable service standards that blend traditional Arab hospitality with the latest hi-tech comforts of the western world. Ive listed out some interesting info for you guys not to miss out if you plan to go to amazing

BAHRAIN

We lived in Manana, the capital city a plush area and great neighbourhood. So here goes, Bahrain was HOT! Like most of the gulf places. But we have the best familes and neighbours there were Indians!!  I had my best friends living nearby and we would meet up in the evenings and just hang out. There were loads of playgrounds and I would remember being active in sports as well. Though the weather was hot, we never cared, it was just the carefree way of living.


Bahrain has that uniqueness to it for me when I remember it. The people were really simple and very caring. Arab girls were really naturally beautiful too by nature and looks. I was always fascinated to learn abt their language, which I took up in school.

The constant change in the places made me adapt to changes easily. Learning Arabic in our school group in ISB, had a combination of Arab, Americans and Indians...that exposure of kids at a very young age taught me a lot about bonding and understanding different people from all across cultures. 




The only thing that saddens me in the middle east has been wars. Bahrain also faced in recent years a few difficult situations of huge fights and wars. Just the fact that innocent people and children get caught in the middle of these battles breaks my heart and I pray to god that they find their peace and happiness. 

My message and learning has been to always appreciate people,the beauty that god has give you which is your life. It will feel good always and if you motivate and care about people from all across the world, it only reaps rewards. Dont hate or divide people. Dont judge or neglect people. The more you share and be caring, you are spreading love and kindness. :)



14 comments:

  1. hi Hanz,
    There are so many things that one can do in Dubai. I really never knew that. You simply shd become a travel blogger!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Keep reading, I've added your blog too..it's like my morning cup of tea.

    Luv,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanz, 

    It's so lovely to see your blog.

    You've done fantastic Job with it! :) Dubai is really one of the destinations on my list now after what you've mentioned looks amazing!

    Luvie
    RitzGirl Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dubai is my city and so very gorgeous!! loved ur experience sweetie and i rememebr those days we used to hang out after school haha get into trouble always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i agree that dubai is a beautiful city an i had some beautiful memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hire a Yacht in Dubai is one of the best place where you can enjoy with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do consider all of the concepts you've offered in your
    post. They're really convincing and will certainly work.
    Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thanks for the post.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - http://www.learningtocherish.org/ (http://dbstud.dk/)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I'm satisfied
    that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed
    like this. Thanks for sharing.

    my blog post - click for more info

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome in favor of me to have a web site, which is helpful in
    support of my know-how. thanks admin

    Feel free to surf to my webpage online cna course - -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.
    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this informative article
    together. I once again find myself personally spending
    way too much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it
    was still worthwhile!

    Have a look at my web blog: 123inkjets coupon (http://kareldekar.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 15, 2014

    Mild instances can also be handled by salt baths, pain relievers and sporting free undies.
    Cardiovascular illnesses are considered lifestyle illnesses.
    Your kid may first have a fever, headache or
    sore throat.

    My web site std test chicago

    ReplyDelete
  11. I regularly post 400x400 square images and 843x403 rectangular images as part of promotions on Facebook
    and use links to drive the viewers to contests, special deals,
    etc. If you like something from other people's board you can "re-pin" it to your own. how can businesses effectively use this new social media platform.


    Review my web blog; pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comments and taking time I love to read your comments and come back to your blog:) I can be reached on email addy - fashionistaera@gmail.com

01 09 10