My next destination - Italy!9/21/2014
Italy is going to be one of my travel destinations and I decided to feature this post with some of the beautiful locales with some ...
Besides that though, today I thought I would share some insight on relationships and what are deal breakers.I was seeing some of the recent shows on Oprah and she emphasies a lot on relationships. And I thought I would also share my insight on this aspect. Often times I have come across or spoken to people dealling with relationship issues and found a few common grounds that should never be compromised on. Though I dont claim to be an expert I still feel that maybe some of these things you might experience and would like to share my thoughts on the same.
1) Respect - The most important element in any relationship with family, friends or partner has to be respect. Doesnt mean that you wont fight or have differences, but when the mind and soul isnt peaceful or you are feeling intentionally the other person wants to cause you more harm than good. The warning signs are always there. Trying to pull you down based on how you look, your status or even what your making and your position. These are things you just need to make clear you wont tolerate. the more you agree, the more you are unhappy!
2) Communication - The biggest problems start because ppl chose to be quiet or fight relating to any issue than find a solution. If you find yourself in these situations some couselling or theraphy isnt a bad idea. Also make sure to get some advice from people you trust. It always helps if you really want to make somethinge work.
3) Love and concern - Make sure that you care for eachother. Most situations breakdown because you let the problem become the bigger issue than the fact that you care. Dont let that happen. One of my friends shared with me that she was arguing with her husband and suddenly in the middle she started to smile at him and he was surprised and she said I love you more than this silly issue. And he just smiled at her and they reduced their fights...break the ice. It helps. If you see love or concern fading away, it starts building an emptyness in the relationship.
4) Too many questions - If you see yourself sitting and saying too many things arent going well in your relationship that itself is a worrying sigh. The point is that you feel there are more pros right. So create them, see what makes you click and focus on that rather than the negative. Coz the more you focus on the negative the more it will come into your life.
5) Time apart - I am all for personal time. its important to have your space, but when both the partners are working all the time, barely see eachother or travel too much these become a huge strain on your relationshp. You need to make sure you give time to it t grow. If you find yourself giving too much time to your work, social activities or other things than your partner, time to reel them back and prioritise.
Photos - Viola Kowal by Koray Parlak Marie Claire Turkey June '12