Wednesday, August 17, 2016

ITALIAN GETAWAY





Our Italian holiday didnt have its ideal start to it..it had its perfect time but the rains were really the toughest time to manage trying to explore the beautiful place of Rome. But as the essential sightseeing of the place was definitely my priority, the stay also becomes very important and part of the routine and becoming very important. The Intercontinental I generally love staying at but the Rome one really small! I guess Europe has always known for the beauty but the city being very small. We paid a huge bomb for it and the balcony was tiny and really couldnt enjoy the views. I wouldnt recommend this hotel for sure. The views were bad. The balcony was not maintained enough espeically for the price we paid. Generally, our experience with this hotel has been good. This trip has been a nightmare. The weather wasnt helping either. 




However, on the bright side, we loved the sightseeing of the city and we explore the hotel and then in the evening took a walk around the city near the hotel. Rome has this convenience aspect of it when you are travelling around its easy to get around. But be aware of all the looting that happens, the cab guys are really tough at times and gave us a tough time if the travel wasnt were they found it to be convenient or easy for them. One guy was so damn annoying gosh, it really does dampen the spirits but the city makes up for it in its charm and beautiful architecture. A classic quality about what Europe is known for. 

Yog was such a sweet lil baby, he had a little tough time managing the sightseeing rides and travel across so we couldnt possibily cover al ot more than we really wanted to so that was a lesson for me to not overload our experience esp keeping in mind that the baby is with us and taht is definitely something that we need to keep in mind. The most important and crazy things that we need to always keep in mind is the kids happiness and enjoyment. So in that regard I made sure that he did enjoy that a lot. The favorite part was a horse ride that we took for him and he absolutely loved it but be ready to be able to shell a lotta money for the horse ride and its around 100 Euros ...was it worth it Probably not! But to see the smile on my sons face that would totally make up for it! I cant wait to explore other cities in Italy on another trip! That’s so much more to see! >D









As I dreaded, it rained a lot. We made so many plans to visit all these gorgeous places but the rain with a small kid its tougher than we thought. It was such a bummer to miss out on exploring the way we had planned to. Nonetheless, we caught up on that day a well deserved sleep and rested the whole day. We might not always enjoy everything and plan forever, yet we ended up not doing so many things we thought we would do. However, I got over it pretty soon. The next day was another rainy day but it was more sunnier so we could shop we did see more sights and also got an artist to make my painting. Not to mention I looked so ridiculous, I am assuming the purpose of the painting was to exaggerate our expressions. I had a HUGE smile which was literally made to look like most of my face. It was hilarious and I love it.

The weather got better, so we also tried the traditional pizza’s which are known for Italian speciality to have. So it was amazing to have it. It tasted as good as they said and it was square – unique style yet I loved it. I ran out of space on my digi and missed to take those funny pics J But we stuffed ourselves with that and more gelatos. Somehow ice cream isn’t my thing, I know I know I sound ridiculous. I just like ice cream with nuts and that is something I enjoyed a lot. So I had the chocolate hazelnut ice cream and its probably one of my favorites. The trip was good overall, we missed the museum and that was a MAJOR bummer, but when I get older theres always an opportunity where I can probably appreciate it and enjoy it more. Those are the moments I will look forward to enjoying as well. 







The hotel was really small and that surprised us. I guess the best experiences we have had have been in US and in Europe everything was pretty smaller, yet you end up paying more. So as a caution I would recommend doing a lot of research to get the best deals before you head out to one of the popular Italian cities. The people are a mixture in behavior too. First, I would see people be extremely friendly and helpful and there were the snobbish kinds as well who just felt like they had nothing they were entitled to express anything or even say anything except a word.


I always believed that being honest about my travels was important so that anyone looking to go there be ready to experience it as well. So honestly, from a overall experience, I have mixed reviews for this place. The upside was the history and learning so much about it. But the downside was the traffic, the cab guys will try to fleece you if they know that they can get away with it. They wont tell you the cost at the beginning and then later will pretend to add their own number and instead of you arguing you would want to just get away from them. This is not for all cab guys, I am sure they are some good ones. We got a few really rude/weird ones, who just felt that they could just give their own price versus a meter. Huge concern and red this was. So culturally people are strange. As long as you know people, thank your stars. J





5 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics girl! i so wanna go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos. Rome is lovely - as whole country, Italy is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so obssesed with Rome. what a cute family. Fallen in love with Rome again.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome little getaway, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comments and taking time I love to read your comments and come back to your blog:) I can be reached on email addy - fashionistaera@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.